I want to call your attention to a YouTube channel called “DUST”. It is an amazing collection of several hundred sci-fi short films ranging from about 5 minutes up to 20 minutes each. Here is the channel trailer video.
The description of their channel reads “DUST is the first multi-platform destination for binge watchable sci-fi. We feature science fiction short films and other content from emerging filmmakers with stunning visual effects, captivating plots and complex character explorations. Robots, aliens, space exploration, technology, and human experience are all a part of DUST. New uploads every week with DUST exclusive premieres and original series. Explore, subscribe, #getdusted, and follow for more.” That is a bold claim and it certainly lives up to it.
I’ve watched four or five of them and they are really amazing. They feature state-of-the-art special-effects, dramatic cinematography, and good hard-core sci-fi content. They upload one or two new videos every week. I’m going to have to go back to the very beginning and binge watch the entire channel at some point. If you are a fan of sci-fi at all you definitely need to check out this resource of great content. Check out the links below.
- DUST YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7sDT8jZ76VLV1u__krUutA
- DUST homepage https://www.watchdust.com/
- DUST on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/watchdust/
- DUST on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/watchdust
- DUST Portal – a Facebook fan group https://www.facebook.com/groups/170319970269445/
- DUST on Twitter https://twitter.com/watchdust
what dose DUST stand for?
This should be made into TV series.
I don’t know. I don’t think it’s an acronym. It’s just the name of the channel and its associated content.